Find nearest streaming server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Techies,

I am one of the appv client 5.1 user in our organization.I want to know my nearest streaming server or Branch office box server. Can i find any log files or event logs in my machine to check my nearest streaming server.

Note: I am aware of powershell command to know my publishing server(Get-appvpublishingserver). But i want to know my nearest streaming server through log files.

I appreciate your valuable replies.

Manam

Saturday, September 16, 2017 3:07 PM

All replies

• Manam,

There is no functionality built into App-V that will provide the answer you want. 

In a multi-site scenario, not all branch sites include a publishing server so there may not be one.

The Management Server, and therefore the management database, does have information on the complete list of authorized Publishing Servers, but if you don't know where your publishing server is then you probably also do not have access to the Management Server console or database.

Additionally, there is no such thing as a "streaming server" in App-V 5.1. This was a thing in App-V 4.x only.  The Publishing server provides a list of packages, and they provide a UNC path to stream the package from.

Tim

Tim Mangan MVP for App-V and Citrix CTP Author of AppV books: "PowerShell with App-V 5 (5.1 Edition)", "The Client Book (4.x)" and "OSD Reference Book" (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books )

Sunday, September 17, 2017 3:48 PM