UAG - Portal Auth with Active Directory and RSA SecurID RRS feed

• Question

• I have a UAG system set up, it is publishing Sharepoint 2010 and OWA 2010.  This works like a charm, I went ahead and tried to add in the SecurID Two Factor Auth:

1. Made my UAG system an Authentication Agent
    2. Created my new identity source(AD), and linked it to a new realm.
    3. Imported my tokens and assigned them to my test user (jim)
    4. Copied the sdconf.rec file to the %windir%\system32 directory
    5. Set up my auth agent in UAG and added it for auth on my trunk portal.
    6. Set my portal to auth against all servers in the list (I see both my windows password and my RSA SecurID password when I go to my portal homepage)

Now, when I try to log in as user "Jim", I get this error message:

Principle Authentication

User "Jim" attempted to authenticate using authenticator "SecurID_Native".  The user belongs to security domain "RealmName"

Authentication Method failed

Does anybody have any idea what I'm missing??  I'm using RSA Authentication Manager for Windows 32-bit v7.1 SP2.

J.

If it was helpful, vote for it. If it answered your question, mark it as answered. Small thing to do for free help from a strong community :)
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:20 PM

Answers

• I would start by using the RSA SecureID test utility, to verify the configuration of the SecureID Client. Once you have been able to conclusively show that the SecureID Agent is configured correctly, you can do some further investigation on UAG itself.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:23 AM

All replies

• I would start by using the RSA SecureID test utility, to verify the configuration of the SecureID Client. Once you have been able to conclusively show that the SecureID Agent is configured correctly, you can do some further investigation on UAG itself.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:23 AM
  • I have exactly the same issue.  Did you get a resolution to this?

Thanks Daniel

Monday, May 30, 2011 4:32 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem, and the SecurID test utility gives the same result - did you ever find the solution to this?

Simon.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:12 PM