Migrating multi tiered hierarchy to sccm 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an cm 07 multi tiered hierarchy we are managing right now. As stated below can I migrate C01 and the child primary's sites to 2012?

Top level site - R01 - is the reporting site (which really is the central site but we only use this for running reports)

Second level - C01 - we call this the central site (we create majority of packages here, clients are not assigned here)

Third level - 5 child primary sites (has some packages and clients assigned here)

Fourth level - 100+ secondary sites (varies in each primary)

Just wanted to make sure this typed of tiered hiearachy can be migrated and it created as a source in 2012

Thanks Yamini

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes it can be migrated to SCCM 2012 and created as a source in SCCM 2012. What you must do when setting up the soruce site is to start with the Central Site and create a migration source of it, after that you can add the additional Child Primary sites as migration sources as well.

regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:54 PM
  • You will not be able to have three tiers of primary sites in the new 2012 hierarchy like you already have as you cannot nest primary sites anymore.  The new model, if applicable to your environment, would have a central site (from which you perform global administration and reporting) with child primaries (for localised administration and reporting) and then secondary sites.

Andy

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Apajove John Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:30 AM