Instuction at 0x77093892 referenced memory at 0x00000000. RRS feed

• Question

• Memory could not be read.

I'm getting this error while trying to upgrade from Windows Vista SP 1 Premium to Windows 7 RC. I've ran BitDefender as well as Norton anti virus, chkdsk, and also a memory check. If there's any other information needed to help diagnose the error. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm which version of Windows 7 RC you would like to install, Windows 7 Home Premium RC, Ultimate RC or other version?

Please refer to Paul's suggestions and try to upgrade to Windows 7 RC for a test. If the issue persists, please download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check the reason for the issue.

In addition, we can perform a Clean Boot and then upgrade Windows 7 RC. However, if Windows 7 still cannot be installed, please capture the screenshot and upload it to SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ), and then share the link to me.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, October 5, 2009 2:06 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2009 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hi, Shut down computer, unplug all power connections . leave overnight to allow the ram to fully discharge. Also if upgarding from within Vista it must have Service pack 2 installed first. If you have. Try and install W7 . Slan go foill, Paul
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

First, I would like to confirm which version of Windows 7 RC you would like to install, Windows 7 Home Premium RC, Ultimate RC or other version?

Please refer to Paul's suggestions and try to upgrade to Windows 7 RC for a test. If the issue persists, please download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check the reason for the issue.

In addition, we can perform a Clean Boot and then upgrade Windows 7 RC. However, if Windows 7 still cannot be installed, please capture the screenshot and upload it to SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ), and then share the link to me.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, October 5, 2009 2:06 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2009 2:00 AM