none
setting a variable to a value in the portal when the user is deleted from the source RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone,

i'm setting up the FIM 2010 portal my source is an SQL Table and my destination is an AD

i'd like to set the value of a user attribute to a certain value when that user is deleted from the source and not delete it from either the portal nor the destination AD.

its pretty easy with the miis part but i wanted to work only with the portal

any ideas ?

thanks

hitch

Hitch Bardawil

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:33 PM

Answers

• Part 1: setting your metaverse object deletion rule correct - I'm sure that you've handled this right, so it is not deleted when it is gone from your data source

Part 2: depends on your flows etc but I assume that you are revoking some attributes from when this object is deleted - question is if this attribute is nullified in FIM Service as well. In that case you could have two sets, people with this attribute set and people without any value and have an MPR triggered by modification request which results in transition between these sets. This will allow you to trigger a workflow ... the rest is well known :).

or

if you have DRE for this system you can build a set of people who have confirmed DRE object related to given synchronization rule and then trigger a workflow on transition out of this set 

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Friday, September 21, 2012 11:53 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:32 AM

All replies

• Part 1: setting your metaverse object deletion rule correct - I'm sure that you've handled this right, so it is not deleted when it is gone from your data source

Part 2: depends on your flows etc but I assume that you are revoking some attributes from when this object is deleted - question is if this attribute is nullified in FIM Service as well. In that case you could have two sets, people with this attribute set and people without any value and have an MPR triggered by modification request which results in transition between these sets. This will allow you to trigger a workflow ... the rest is well known :).

or

if you have DRE for this system you can build a set of people who have confirmed DRE object related to given synchronization rule and then trigger a workflow on transition out of this set 

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Friday, September 21, 2012 11:53 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

At MA configure deprovisioning, if you check make them disconnector, It will not deleted from metaverse. But it will disconnect from the datasource and portal.

But you want to keep them in portal but with different attributes. Answer is same which Tomasz said like that.Create one set, value with acvtive and one set the value is delted. And then use that set and define new Sync rule.

Muhammad Irfan

• Proposed as answer by M.Irfan Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by HitchB52 Monday, September 17, 2012 8:56 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:41 AM
  • thanks !

exactly, when i add a user to this sql table when imported to the portal i give it value like department = abc

when i remove it from the table i need to clear this attribute without deleting the object

the whole deprovisioning part is ok and i have  set that does what you say however the question is what do i do to clear the attribute since the user will move from one set to another after the attribute has been cleared

i'd have prefed to have an extension rule but i'm trying to go portal only on this project

Hitch Bardawil

Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

I am sorry there is two solutions, one is write the custom code.

2: manually delete MA and check the option delete the connector space only. But I will never recommend this. Because it will create new Ids every time when you import again.

Muhammad Irfan

• Proposed as answer by M.Irfan Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by HitchB52 Monday, September 17, 2012 8:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by M.Irfan Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by HitchB52 Friday, September 21, 2012 11:53 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:20 PM