Size column disappeared from Windows Explorer after SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed SP1 in Windows Vista Business on one of my computers. Since that time, all my Windows Explorer Details views lost the Size column. When I try and get it back through View / Choose details I get the usual endless list of details but Size is no longer in the list.

Anyone knows how to get things back on track?

Thanks

Jacques

Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:56 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Jacques, this issue can be caused by installing Windows Search 4.0 related items. If property schema cache is not created correctly, we may encountered the issue. Let's follow the steps to remove a registry entry to check the result:

1.       Click Start, type regedit in Start Search and press Enter.

2.       Locate the following entry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertySchema\CachedSchema

3.       Remove this entry.

Then, you can restart the computer and check the result.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:09 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Jacques, this issue can be caused by installing Windows Search 4.0 related items. If property schema cache is not created correctly, we may encountered the issue. Let's follow the steps to remove a registry entry to check the result:

1.       Click Start, type regedit in Start Search and press Enter.

2.       Locate the following entry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertySchema\CachedSchema

3.       Remove this entry.

Then, you can restart the computer and check the result.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:09 AM
  • Thanks Sean: it worked. I am relieved!!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:38 PM
  • That tip was right on; glad I stumbled on it after wasting a few hours with other non-solutions.

Friday, July 24, 2009 12:38 AM