none
Persistent R_MAX_MEM_SIZE Warning RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello. I am using MRO 3.2.5. I am using RScript.exe to run a program and I consistently get the warning "R_MAX_MEM_SIZE is invalid: ignored".  Initially I thought it was some sort of mismatch between the environment variable "R_MAX_MEM_SIZE" and something that R was actually using.  R_MAX_MEM_SIZE was set to 6000, but mem.limit() gave me 16289. I tried setting R_MAX_MEM_SIZE to 16289, but did not work.  I tried deleting R_MAX_MEM_SIZE, but it did not work.

    It does not appear to affect my program in any way, but the warning is littered throughout my log.  Any ideas on how to resolve these warnings?

    Friday, July 15, 2016 8:34 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for the reply.  The messages have disappeared as quickly as they came.  Not sure what happened.  Just for good measure I checked Rprofile.site and as best I could tell it looked like everything was in order.  All I can think of is that some other update on my computer got some wires crossed temporarily.  In any case thanks for the help and suggestions.  I will keep them in mind if it happens again.
    • Marked as answer by joxborrow Monday, July 25, 2016 12:47 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:47 PM

All replies

  • I am not sure why you are getting this, but most likely either your R installation has been corrupted or you have a invalid setting in your R.profile file or some other MRO R configuration file.

    If you are running on Windows I would first check the file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\MRO\R-3.2.5\etc\Rprofile.site' and make sure you don't have a bad entry in this file. If you can't determine what the problem is, I recommend uninstalling MRO, then completely deleting the folder 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\MRO\R-3.2.5' from your harddrive and reinstalling it. Hopefully, doing this will fix the  issue.

    Stephen Weller

    Friday, July 22, 2016 8:12 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  The messages have disappeared as quickly as they came.  Not sure what happened.  Just for good measure I checked Rprofile.site and as best I could tell it looked like everything was in order.  All I can think of is that some other update on my computer got some wires crossed temporarily.  In any case thanks for the help and suggestions.  I will keep them in mind if it happens again.
    • Marked as answer by joxborrow Monday, July 25, 2016 12:47 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:47 PM