none
Turn off Shell Protocol Protected Mode

All replies

• Hi,

The explanation:

This policy setting allows you to configure the amount of functionality that the shell protocol can have. When using the full functionality of this protocol, applications can open folders and launch files. The protected mode reduces the functionality of this protocol allowing applications to only open a limited set of folders. Applications are not able to open files with this protocol when it is in the protected mode. It is recommended to leave this protocol in the protected mode to increase the security of Windows.

If you enable this policy setting the protocol is fully enabled, allowing the opening of folders and files.

If you disable this policy setting the protocol is in the protected mode, allowing applications to only open a limited set of folders.

If you do not configure this policy setting the protocol is in the protected mode, allowing applications to only open a limited set of folders.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Monday, October 17, 2016 4:34 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

According to rule "When using the full functionality of this protocol, applications can open folders and launch files. The protected mode reduces the functionality of this protocol allowing applications to only open a limited set of folders. Applications are not able to open files with this protocol when it is in the protected mode"

But I am not getting any change in files and folder view.its showing same files.Either its in disable or enable mode.

Can any one plze explain me,what activity should I do to  get the result.

Thanks 

Monday, October 17, 2016 6:35 PM
  • Hi,

Can any one give me any idea to check this rule functionality.I am not getting clue.

Thanks in advance

Sunday, October 23, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

But I am not getting any change in files and folder view.its showing same files.Either its in disable or enable mode.

Can any one plze explain me,what activity should I do to  get the result.

>>> In my opinion, if you enable the policy, you could open any folders and files when you have related permission.

If you disable the policy, you cannot open the file which is under protected mode.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:26 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

If the replies have resolved your problem, please mark it as answer as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters the similar issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Monday, November 7, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Hello,

Nothing is happening either the policy is enabled or disabled. 

Thanks

Monday, November 7, 2016 10:30 PM