none
Issue in Excel 2013 while cut and paste RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are developing an Excel add-in, that apply fill color on different ranges but we found an issue that is happening from Excel 2013 itself.

The steps are:

1- Select one range using Ctrl+Shift to reach the last row, i.e, "C4:C1048576'' and apply any background color.

2- Write some text on the previous cells located on the same column of the range, i.e, "C1".

3 - Cut (Ctrl + X) the previous text and paste it (Ctrl+V) to another cell.

4- After the paste action, cell "C1" loses its background color and now it has the same background color of the selected range.

Any clue about what is happening?

• Edited by Luis Montenegro Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:37 PM title modification
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis Montenegro,

Based on your description, I can reproduce this behavior.

I also tested in Excel 2007,2010 and 2013, I can get the same result.

In my opinion, this is a by design behavior in Excel.

If it makes some issue for your working machine, I suggest you give a feedback about this behavior to Excel UserVoicre forum:

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application

This forum is a way for Microsoft to collect feedback from users.

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 4, 2018 9:25 AM