Problem with task manager window after remote desktop session RRS feed

• Question

• I like to keep task manager open on the desktop to see what's going n with my machine so it was open when I started a remote desktop session from another pc on my LAN. After disconnecting the session I logged in again to my machine and task manager is minimized and will not restore to the desktop even after rebooting the machine. The odd thing is that in a new remote session task manager functions normally -- minimizes, restores to desktop, everything normal. When I am logged in on the machine I can close task manager by right clicking the taskbar but when I restart it it only shows on the taskbar not on the desktop.   
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We need to make sure that the Project is set as On PC screen only as default.

Also, I would like you to know What determines the monitor my app runs on:

Check answers in this thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/52755/what-determines-the-monitor-my-app-runs-on

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This could explain why the Task manager always seems to not on the PC screen.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 4, 2015 3:20 PM

All replies

• I knew there was a simple solution. I closed task manager in a remote session disconnected and now it works normally again on the machine. I've had similar problems with multiple monitors where a program is closed on a second monitor then later when the monitor is not present the program runs somewhere off in the void where it thinks it is being displayed on the second monitor.

Anyway, I think this is a bug in remote desktop.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

We need to make sure that the Project is set as On PC screen only as default.

Also, I would like you to know What determines the monitor my app runs on:

Check answers in this thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/52755/what-determines-the-monitor-my-app-runs-on

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This could explain why the Task manager always seems to not on the PC screen.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 4, 2015 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

I am proposing my previous reply as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can benefit our Community members.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:21 AM