none
Windows server 2008 R2

Question

• Hey,

I was wondering if there is a way to update JAVA on client computers through windows server 2008R2 without having to do it on all client computers manually? 

Structure: Domain (city), in that domain we have a group: The roof, part of that group exists of a folder computers (46) and  a folder users (113).

Now I want JAVA to do an update on all 46 client computers. Is that possible from te server?

Monday, June 08, 2015 1:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sure - you can deploy Java with Group Policy Software installation. You will need to download the latest offline version and save the MSI to a file share. Then create the GPO to deploy it. Exact instructions for an older version can be found on the link below. The steps still apply though.

http://deployhappiness.com/deploy-java-runtime-environment-with-group-policy/

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Monday, June 08, 2015 1:39 PM
  • I have executed al these steps with success, and the client's can't update Java anymore, so that's fine. But Java doesn't install the update on the clients computer. Am I missing something ?
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Did you check the gpresult that if the group policy applied on the clients successfuly? And also please help to reboot the clients  and then have a check.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:44 AM