none
Email queuing on Edge Transport. 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources. RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2016 running in a test environment. Inbound mail goes to an Edge transport server and then to a pair of load-balanced mailbox servers. Email is queuing on the Edge transport server with error 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources. The only thing I've been able to find that can cause this is back pressure. I've disabled back pressure on both mailbox servers as well as the Edge server by adding the line "<add key="EnableResourceMonitoring" value="false" /> to the EdgeTransport.exe.config. I've also restarted the transport service multiple times. These servers are not under any load at all as there is no production mail going through them.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? 

Thanks

Kenny

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:06 PM

All replies

• I have Exchange 2016 running in a test environment. Inbound mail goes to an Edge transport server and then to a pair of load-balanced mailbox servers. Email is queuing on the Edge transport server with error 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources. The only thing I've been able to find that can cause this is back pressure. I've disabled back pressure on both mailbox servers as well as the Edge server by adding the line "<add key="EnableResourceMonitoring" value="false" /> to the EdgeTransport.exe.config. I've also restarted the transport service multiple times. These servers are not under any load at all as there is no production mail going through them.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? 

Thanks

Kenny

how much disk space is avail on the drive that holds the transport queue?

Check the server component state

Get-ServerComponentState <server> and ensure all are set to active

test-servicehealth etc...

all services up and running

Blog:    Twitter:   

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 10:02 PM
  • Hi Kenny,

Please also check if any back pressure related events on the two mailbox server.

Check the path of mail.que to see if the drive space is enough. We need to increase the Space if it’s not enough on Mount Point where the Transport Database is present.

If the size of mail.que is too big, it’s recommended to do as below:

• Pause the transport service on the server, verify no e-mails in the queue and rename the Queue folder to Queue_old and moved to another drive.
    • Start Transport service again and confirm the new mail.que is created.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:24 AM
  • What is the load balancing method you are using? 

Thanks,

PK

LinkedIn:    Facebook:   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:25 AM