Outlook wont let me re-add a deleted account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I have an email account hosted by godaddy.  I have called them for assistance but they determined it is an outlook problem.

I think my account became corrupted when I added an overlarge archive to it. I removed the account from outlook, went to go daddy, deleted the excess files, archive and deleted items folder.  

Now I am trying to add my email account back to Outlook.   When I enter my email address and password, Outlook (Home and Business 2019) asks for my password multiple times and then says it cannot add the account.

I have successfully added it back to my ios devices.  I have logged on to godaddy webmail several times to ensure I am entering all information correctly. 

Microsoft Support Bot recommended SetupProd_AuthChk which I downloaded and ran.  It seemed to fail at the point where it was checking to see if my version is current (version 1908 Build 11929.20254)

Outlook has no value to me if I cannot access this account.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Pallama Monday, September 9, 2019 8:29 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Pallama,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

When adding account, we can select “Let me set up my account manually” and configure account manually to see if it helps.

>>Outlook (Home and Business 2019) asks for my password multiple times and then says it cannot add the account.

Please clear the cached information via following steps:

1. Open Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credential

2.  Locate  the set of credentials which has Outlook or your account in name.

3. Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.

Besides, we can also create a new profile in case the original profile is corrupted. Please check the steps in this article.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:14 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Hi Pallama,

Have you added the account successfully?

If there are any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, September 16, 2019 7:51 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, September 16, 2019 7:51 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:35 AM