Localization And Styling Of A Customized Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been working with Authoring Tool for the purpose of expanding generic Computer form to show some new relationships that I added before. I managed to create a new tab on it alright, and the property binding is working too, but the following two issues are stopping me now:

- The new tab doesn't support the old tabs' style, so it looks kinda out of place. Can I apply an existing style (and which one?) of the form tabs to it either in authoring tool or in XML definitions of a management pack? Or is mimicking it the only option available?

- Can the customized part of old form be localized in a way that a new custom form is  - i.e.,  can I add FormString for each label in ManagementPack and bind it to the form using:

<Label Content="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type wpfwiews:FormView}}, Path=Strings[<Label_Someting>].Value}" x:wpfwiews="clr-namespace:Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.FormsInfra;assembly=Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.FormsInfra" />

I didn't manage to get it to work, but still I need it to integrate seamlessly into ServiceManager.

• Edited by AKoptsov Friday, October 15, 2010 7:46 AM formatting
    Friday, October 15, 2010 7:46 AM

Answers

• Hi AKoptsov,

1. mimicking it is the avaliable option because our forms (or tab control) should have specifiec the styles instead of the individual tab items themselves having it.

2. This is currently not available and we have a DCR to track this for future releases. It could be possible to manually handcraft it in the xml via (no guarantees however):

<PropertyChange Object="Label_1" Property="Attached Property">
          <NewValue>new value</NewValue>
         </PropertyChange>

<PropertyBindingChange Object="Label_1" Property="Content">
          <NewBinding Enabled="True" Path="xxx" Mode="Default" BindsDirectlyToSource="False" UpdateSourceTrigger="Default" />
         </PropertyBindingChange>

thanks

Joseph

Friday, October 15, 2010 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi AKoptsov,

1. mimicking it is the avaliable option because our forms (or tab control) should have specifiec the styles instead of the individual tab items themselves having it.

2. This is currently not available and we have a DCR to track this for future releases. It could be possible to manually handcraft it in the xml via (no guarantees however):

<PropertyChange Object="Label_1" Property="Attached Property">
          <NewValue>new value</NewValue>
         </PropertyChange>

<NewBinding Enabled="True" Path="xxx" Mode="Default" BindsDirectlyToSource="False" UpdateSourceTrigger="Default" />
         </PropertyBindingChange>

thanks

Joseph

Friday, October 15, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Has anything changed in SCSM 2012?

I add custom label with Authoring Tools. Then I manually change binding:

<PropertyChange Object="Label_1" Property="Content">
      <NewValue>[RequestedBy]</NewValue>
    </PropertyChange>

<NewBinding Enabled="True" Path="Strings[HistoryText].Value" Mode="Default" BindsDirectlyToSource="False" UpdateSourceTrigger="Default" />
    </PropertyBindingChange>

The label is blank. Has anyone managed to get it to work?

Monday, July 8, 2013 1:51 PM