"Unable to identify a calendar owner" - skype for business 2015 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've got a question about skype for business 2015 server, after a properly configuration and implementation we have a isse like this. If any user try to make an apointment via skype meeting he get an information  like - "Unable to identify a calendar owner". So my question is are we need a Microsoft Exchange to properly working Skype for business service? Or We can configurate from the other side?

Regards,

Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand that you have a SFB 2015, when you schedule a skype meeting, it reports that “Unable to identify a calendar owner”?
    Did you integrate SFB server with exchange server?
    Is SMTP address same as SIP address?

Please try the following method:
    1.Try to rebuild outlook profile check again.
    2.If SIP address is different from SMTP address, you can resolve this by disabling the client policy DisableEmailComparisonCheck using the following PowerShell command:
    Set-CsClientPolicy -DisableEmailComparisonCheck $true

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Grubens Friday, April 20, 2018 6:26 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 5:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand that you have a SFB 2015, when you schedule a skype meeting, it reports that “Unable to identify a calendar owner”?
    Did you integrate SFB server with exchange server?
    Is SMTP address same as SIP address?

Please try the following method:
    1.Try to rebuild outlook profile check again.
    2.If SIP address is different from SMTP address, you can resolve this by disabling the client policy DisableEmailComparisonCheck using the following PowerShell command:
    Set-CsClientPolicy -DisableEmailComparisonCheck $true

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Grubens Friday, April 20, 2018 6:26 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 5:32 AM
  • Hello,

Thank You for information but we don't have an exchange server. I just wondering is SFB works without them? Can We find an other users from outside our organization and make a call or business meeting? Because now we just only can find members of our organizations who has the account.

Regards,

Friday, April 20, 2018 6:29 AM
  • Hi Grubens,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, without exchange server, you can also use SFB with SFB server. You can use "Meet Now" to create meeting.

If you want to communicate with external user (other organization), you need to deploy edge server and configure federation, for details, please refer to the link below
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204800%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Friday, April 20, 2018 6:50 AM
  • But from what I see it is a federation to another SFB server and I wondering is it any chance to search a user outside from organization to do not the SFB to SFB. We want to for example search users from other organization (free account etc.) not connect to specific group.

I will be appreciate for more information.

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Based on my knowledge, so far, you can only federate with public skype and skype for business, or the application called Jabber, others application is not supported.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:09 AM
  • But Can I find public skype user without my federation and make a call? Because now we only can communicate inside the organization, and we want to use skype for business to make a conference with public skype user. We need something more to do that?
    Friday, April 20, 2018 9:16 AM