WinXPe TC, Net Use throws error 67 under user account but not admin, help? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a t5730 running WinXPe that is a little troublesome.  The user has an account on it that auto logs on and then loads up an RD for him to use.  The thin client isn't actually on the domain but his username+password are the same as his domain one.

The reason this user has WinXPe and not just a 'normal' thin client is that he, on occasion, needs to run some DOS based software.  This software requires a mapped drive that has, for an unknown reason, stopped working.  Normally the drive is mapped via a script in his startup folder that is a net use command.

Through a little trial and many errors I've found that the net use command is throwing a system error 67 using both the server name and the IP address.

I can map the drive through the thin clients admin account using the users creds but it refuses to do it under the thin client user account.

I'm pretty stumped really!  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Many thanks!

Sorry for not putting this under Windows Embedded but its not a POS system...

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:33 AM

Answers

• I ended up fixing this by deleting the local profile on the thin client and recreating it.  All working perfectly now!  Just one of those things I guess :)
    • Marked as answer by AimAv138 Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:32 AM

All replies

• Check :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-networking/net-use-error-system-error-67-has-occured-the/64986bcc-fddf-4f3e-9dd2-90aced3fe417

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion, however I have already read over that post and due to the large amount of users connected to the switch, RD server, etc I can not just reboot it.

If you have any further suggestions, that would be great!  Thank you!

Monday, July 8, 2013 9:52 AM
  • I ended up fixing this by deleting the local profile on the thin client and recreating it.  All working perfectly now!  Just one of those things I guess :)
    • Marked as answer by AimAv138 Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:32 AM