none
Project 2010 reports not filtering on date RRS feed

• Question

• Project 2007 used to have an outstanding tasks report that listed all reports in date order eg. all tasks that were happening between 31/10 and 4/11 would appear on the report together. Project 2010 does not have this report and I cannot seem to get any of the report to work based on seeing what is scheduled to be done in a specific time frame eg. a week.  Using ID's as a filter is a bad idea for me as my students add tasks all out of order so the ID feature makes it very difficult. Any ideas?
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:49 AM

Answers

• Hello Thruss,

The question here is not clear.

>> Project 2010 does not have this report

>> Using ID's as a filter is a bad idea

Which one is the problem, filter or report ? As Barbara noted, all the 2007 version reports are available in Project 2010. Pls try as follows:

- First, test the filter "Date Range" with the date range 31/10 - 04/11 (View tab | Select <Date Range> filter in Filter box).

If it works, then apply the same filter to the Task report as follows:

- Project tab | Reports > double-click on "Custom" in Reports dialog box | select "Task" in Reports list | click on "Edit" button > In the dialog box, Filter: select <Date Range> | OK > click on "Select" button to run report with Date Range filter applied

Regards. --Ismet
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Thruss,

I am not sure what report you are not able to find? I can find all standard reports of 2007 back in 2010, for example - Project - Reports - Current - Tasks starting soon. What special report are you looking for?

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, October 30, 2011 8:58 AM
  • Hello Thruss,

The question here is not clear.

>> Project 2010 does not have this report

>> Using ID's as a filter is a bad idea

Which one is the problem, filter or report ? As Barbara noted, all the 2007 version reports are available in Project 2010. Pls try as follows:

- First, test the filter "Date Range" with the date range 31/10 - 04/11 (View tab | Select <Date Range> filter in Filter box).

If it works, then apply the same filter to the Task report as follows:

- Project tab | Reports > double-click on "Custom" in Reports dialog box | select "Task" in Reports list | click on "Edit" button > In the dialog box, Filter: select <Date Range> | OK > click on "Select" button to run report with Date Range filter applied

Regards. --Ismet
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:46 AM