Outlook for Mac - Infinite Download Attachment Loop + Error code -19746 RRS feed

• Question

• Environment:

• MS Outlook for Mac 2016 (version 15.41; build 171205)
    • MS Exchange 2016 (on-premises)
    • macOS High Siera (version 10.13.2)
    • Storage 184GB available (total 250GB)

Issue Summary: One user reported that his Outlook  keeps downloading attachments for emails in INBOX folder (10,000+ items in Inbox). Once done, it starteds to repeat the process and shows the numbers in the status bar of Outlook. The Sync Errors had a couple of following error logged. 

Error: The mailbox database is temporarily unavailable. The process failed to get the correct properties. Mail could not be sent. The message has been moved to your Drafts folder.

Details: Mail could not be sent. The message has been moved to your Drafts folder.

Error code: -19746

From reading elsewhere on the internet, I emptied the Cache for the Inbox folder and restarted Outlook. This caused the Outlook on his Mac to re-download all the emails. Took some time but we havent seen this issue.

BUT the user reported (a couple of minutes after we emptied the cache on his outlook) that his Calender enteries on his "iPhone" disappeared. We have asked the user to remove and re-add his account on iPhone. (Still to get confirmation if that got the calender enteries to be visible again on his phone). But I am confused as to why would such a thing happen. Our internal Exchnage admins say its not an issue on thier side. (As usual)

• Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:47 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Zohair,

>>Still to get confirmation if that got the calender enteries to be visible again on his phone

Have you get confirmed about this from the user now? 

>>But I am confused as to why would such a thing happen. Our internal Exchnage admins say its not an issue on thier side.

I'm afraid it's hardly to define the specific cause to this issue as it only happens with one of the users, and there are several factors could cause this issue. This sync error message indicates that the mailbox database is offline, corrupt, shutting down, or exhibiting other conditions that make the mailbox unavailable. I'd recommend you keep monitoring on this issue, if it happens again, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:08 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:06 AM