Window is open, appears in task manager and in window manager, but will not appear on desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Everything I can do that would suggest that one of my applications has a window open, but I cannot see it in any way on the desktop. Tried every trick, with task manager, altering resolutions to see if it is offscreen, etc. In task manager, switch to is lighter and unavailable.

what the hell

Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:48 AM

All replies

• What’s the name of your application? I suspect that your app needs some conditions to open its interface or have something wrong during running.

Try the following:

1.Run app as administrator

2.create a new account and run app

3.completely uninstall app and install it under compatibility mode, run again.

Last but not least, refer to this link:

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop - Windows 7 Help Forums

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/75291-offscreen-window-move-back-desktop.html

Hold down SHIFT key and right click on a running program icon on the taskbar, a popup menu should appear, click on Move then use the Left/Right Arrow key to move it.

Do the same for the rest of the running programs.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Thanks, did a little more research and found that on windows 10 pro it is actually alt+spacebar, not hold shift to pull up the options menu to move the window. 
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Ok, you are right.

If this idea takes effect, please mark the helpful reply as answer, this behavior can give other forum users who meet similar issue a prompt.

Thanks for understanding and cooperating.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 14, 2018 2:35 AM