windows xp validation after virus removal RRS feed

• Question

• i remove a horrible virus off of my computer and had to alter registry to do so and ever since then i can not get my xp to validate.  Is there an easy fix besides buying a whole new windows key?
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

It is possible that you have some errors with the Cryptographic service post virus removal. This is of course assuming you were operating a valid windows license

This information should be used carefully and is without warranty or guarantee.

WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Cryptographic Errors Detected

Follow the steps below to resolve these cryptographic errors.

1) Click on Start, click on Run
    2) In the Open box, type CMD and then click OK.
    3) At the command prompt type the following command and Press Enter

regsvr32 softpub.dll

4) You should receive a message that DllRegisterServer in Softpub.dll succeeded, click OK
    5) Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to re-register the following files

• wintrust.dll
    • initpki.dll
    • dssenh.dll
    • rsaenh.dll
    • gpkcsp.dll
    • sccbase.dll
    • slbcsp.dll
    • mssip32.dll
    • cryptdlg.dll
    6) After all the above files have been re-registered, type Exit at the command prompt to close it and return to Windows.
    7) Restart Windows and try to authenticate Windows again.

A fourth error message you may receive when trying to validate Windows XP is referenced in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917050/en-us

This error message occurs when you do not have appropriate permissions for the DATA folder for Windows Genuine Advantage. Follow the steps below to fix this issue or click on the link above for the Microsoft article concerning this problem.

Best Of Luck!

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:11 PM