none
Remote Desktop -Redirected local printer not printing from remote desktop session RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All ,

I have a Remote Desktop session Host which is my application server and added to the domain.

I have a brand new HP LaserJet 700 M712 ,which i installed in local system using the Complete driver from HP.

Then the users is taking the RDP to the server from local system and this printer is showing redirected in remote desktop session for the user.

But when i trigger a print to this redirected printer nothing prints.

No error messages shows.

This is for some systems only not for all system 

The OS of local system is Windows 7 Pro and Server is Windows server 2008 R2 standard.

I have tried lots of troubleshooting .Below are the steps

1 . Installed diffrent driver UPD PCL6 both in local system and server.

2 . Cleared the Print Spooler and restarted the spooler service

Please provide me any solution .

Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. On your server, please Disable the following group policy setting (gpedit.msc):

Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Remote Desktop Services\ Remote Desktop Session Host\ Printer Redirection\

Use Remote Desktop Easy Print printer driver first     Disabled

2. After making the above change and running gpupdate /force (if necessary) so that it has been applied, disconnect from your session and then connect again so that your printers will be freshly redirected.  In the properties of the redirected printer, Advanced tab, verify that the driver name is the UPD PCL6 driver that you have selected on the local PC's printer.  The idea is for it to not use the RD Easy Print driver for this redirected printer.

Please test and then reply back with your results and/more information.

Thanks.

-TP

Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:41 PM
  • hi,

1 "I have a Remote Desktop session Host which is my application server and added to the domain."
    Is this RDSH server also domain control?
    2 how many printers have you redirected to server 2008r2 session host? only HP LaserJet 700 M712?
    Terminal Server Easy Print not printing
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/968605/terminal-server-easy-print-not-printing

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 1, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Dear TP ,

I have already made this group policy settings and tried the same .

But the result was no fortune.

When I Checked the Driver in the RDP redirected printer its shows model as Remote Desktop Easy Print.

Can you  please advice ?

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:23 PM
  • hi,
    1 Is this RDSH server also domain control? can you check it ?
    2 I think there may not be suitable printer dirver on your server 2008 R2 ,can you check it ? like picture

"Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Remote Desktop Services\ Remote Desktop Session Host\ Printer Redirection\
    Use Remote Desktop Easy Print printer driver first     Disabled
    If you disable this policy setting, the RD Session Host server tries to find a suitable printer driver to install the client printer. If the RD Session Host server does not have a printer driver that matches the client printer, the server tries to use the Remote Desktop Easy Print driver to install the client printer. "

3 how do you deploy printer to client ,by network ?by printer server ?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 4, 2019 3:10 PM