Disable sending files in an instant message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Do you know how to Disable sending files in an instant messages?

Regards,

Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Ramy KETATA,

What is your environment, on-premises or online?

If it is online, you can disable point-to-point file transfers by setting the EnableP2PFileTransfer as false in your organization’s global policy. For more details, you can refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/set-up-policies-in-your-organization/block-point-to-point-file-transfers.

If it is on-premises, you can go to Skype for Business server Control Panel > IM and Presence > choose Block all under File transfer as the following picture:

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2020 8:10 AM
  • Hello,

We have the online version !

but EnableP2PFileTransfer = To allow P2P transfers for inside your organization but block external file transfers to another organization

Here i want to disable file transfer for all users (Inside/Outside)

According to my search, i find that i can do that by checking this option "For compliance, turn off non-archived features"

Now, i want to apply this option to all users! is there any command to do that?

Monday, March 16, 2020 1:23 PM
  • Hi Ramy KETATA

If you want to turn off non-archived features, you can execute this command: Get-CsOnlineUser | Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyName BposSAllModalityNoFT.

The conferencing policy - BposSAllModalityNoFT disables the file transfer feature.

For more details about this, you can refer to this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/turn-off-non-archived-features/cc71c9c9-591a-4fc3-8b17-eb28b6635bdf.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:35 AM
  • Hello,

i want to apply this policy BposSDataProtection (Block file transfer + Recording)

but when i launch this command: Get-CsOnlineUser | Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyNameBposSDataProtection

i get an error message:

Sending data to a remote command failed with the following error message: The total data received from the remote client exceeded the allowed maximum. The allowed maximum is 52428800. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

+ CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (admin1e.online.lync.com:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure

+ PSComputerName        : admin1e.online.lync.com

Thursday, March 19, 2020 9:20 AM
  • Hi Ramy KETATA,

It seems caused by conflict between the command and quotas.

To resolve the error, change the remote command to comply with the quota. Or, determine the source of the quota, and then increase the quota to allow the command to complete.

For more details about how to resolve this issue, please refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_remote_troubleshooting?view=powershell-7#how-to-set-and-change-quotas.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:59 AM
  • Hi Ramy KETATA,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:43 AM