Get error code 0xC004C003 when Activating Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I Bought the laptop from store three days before.

And I checked everywhere but I cant find the passcode for activate window .

My laptop is window 8.1 .

I try to reset the laptop but not work ( suggestion from laptop band staff)

Finally, They suggested I need to ask Microsoft.

The error code is 0xC004C003 and I checked it before.

It means the window installed more than one PC.

So, What can I do ?

Thanks

• Edited by Bruce Wooding Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:16 AM Clarify title
    Friday, November 13, 2015 9:48 AM

Answers

• I had a similar problem once. I ended up having to activate Windows by phone. I'ts an answering machine giving you step-by-step instructions.

Hope that helps!

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:12 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

As gkmelbo mentioned, Please press "Windows+R" and type "slui.exe  4", then press the 'ENTER' key, select your 'Country' from the list and choose the 'Phone Activation' option, stay on the phone and wait for help.

More details about Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows, please refer to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 16, 2015 7:18 AM

All replies

• I had a similar problem once. I ended up having to activate Windows by phone. I'ts an answering machine giving you step-by-step instructions.

Hope that helps!

Friday, November 13, 2015 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

As gkmelbo mentioned, Please press "Windows+R" and type "slui.exe  4", then press the 'ENTER' key, select your 'Country' from the list and choose the 'Phone Activation' option, stay on the phone and wait for help.

More details about Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows, please refer to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 16, 2015 7:18 AM
  • To fix the problem, buy a product key for each one of your devices to activate Windows on them. If you're using Windows 10, you can buy Windows from the Microsoft Store: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation
    Friday, July 3, 2020 9:16 AM