Cannot connect/login to Skype for Business server 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to login/connect from Skype desktop application to Skype for Business server which are located in Data center, I am trying to connect from different network (branch's network). next Generation Checkpoint Firewall is located between branch network and data center. When allowing Any/any traffic in Checkpoint firewall setting, I am able to connect/login to Skype server with no error but when try to login with restricting port list based on Microsoft website, it shows 'contacting and signing in' and stuck there and cannot login. 

port list reference from below site

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398833.aspx

Please provide suggestion how can we able to login Skype server from different network when network traffice pass through CheckPoint Firewall.

Thanks

Friday, October 14, 2016 9:28 AM

Answers

• It might be easier for you to list the ports you've opened already... I've used this list before, might not be super tight but it's worked:

From Clients->Servers

Allow:

TCP/443
    TCP/5061
    TCP/448
    TCP/49152-65535
    UDP/49152-65535
    TCP/8057
    TCP/12400-12580
    UDP/12400-12580
    UDP/3478

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 17, 2016 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, October 28, 2016 10:00 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 2:53 PM
  • Hi Khantkn,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Agree with Anthony.

Would you please tell us did the issue only appeared to some specific users in your environment?

If the issue only appeared on the specific client, please try to delete SFB cache files and again.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

Also make sure your SFB client with the latest update.

If all users cannot sign in SFB with Skype for Business server, please try to telnet the ports which has been mentioned by Anthony, and make sure they are open.

You could also check if there is any event IDs in SFB front end server.

Moreover, make sure your SFB server with the latest update.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, October 17, 2016 1:24 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Khantkn,

Are you able to see what ports / rules are being blocked when firewall rules are applied ?

Is it the client port range you have allowed ?

Thanks,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Friday, October 14, 2016 10:53 AM
  • It might be easier for you to list the ports you've opened already... I've used this list before, might not be super tight but it's worked:

From Clients->Servers

Allow:

TCP/443
    TCP/5061
    TCP/448
    TCP/49152-65535
    UDP/49152-65535
    TCP/8057
    TCP/12400-12580
    UDP/12400-12580
    UDP/3478

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 17, 2016 6:13 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 2:53 PM
  • Hi Khantkn,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Agree with Anthony.

Would you please tell us did the issue only appeared to some specific users in your environment?

If the issue only appeared on the specific client, please try to delete SFB cache files and again.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

Also make sure your SFB client with the latest update.

If all users cannot sign in SFB with Skype for Business server, please try to telnet the ports which has been mentioned by Anthony, and make sure they are open.

You could also check if there is any event IDs in SFB front end server.

Moreover, make sure your SFB server with the latest update.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, October 17, 2016 1:24 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Hi 

As Alice suggested check if its specific to the client , might be some cache data causing the issue, if you have opened the  ports which Anthony suggested and still end  up with issues you can run a wireshark and see  where the packets are getting stopped. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, October 17, 2016 1:24 PM