none
How are total costs calculated? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Sorry probably another noob question but I haven't been able to figure this out.

Looking at the project I've been using as an example, I've noticed that the costs of the resource are less than I would have expected. All of the team are setup with a £100 p/h rate. This project had 15 hours of actual work so I would have expected with my very poor maths the costs would have been £1500, but it's showing as £375. Where am I going wrong with my understanding of this please?

Thanks.

Friday, August 10, 2018 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Your assumption is right, if you have 15hrs of actual work on a resource with a rate of 100/h, you should have 1500 of actual cost. 

That being said, difficilt to debug wihtout seeing your project. Can you share a screenshot? You might look at the wrong data.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, August 10, 2018 1:24 PM
  • Thanks for the response. The one I have been using to check these things is one of our older projects setup before the migration. I suspect it maybe the way it has been setup that is the cause so I'll look into that. I've looked at a newer project and that seems to have calculated fine. I'll go over the rest of the new projects to see if they seem to be correct. Thank you though for your help, it's good to know my understanding is correct.
    Friday, August 10, 2018 2:04 PM