Re-Deploy Shortcuts for a Package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have deployed a virtual app (Office 2010 to be exact) to several users.  It has worked almost perfectly, except I have 2 users who received the package, but did not get any shortcuts for some reason.  They can open the application by double clicking a .doc file, but nothing appears in the start menu.  I could remove the package and re-deploy it, but I would prefer not to do this as it could disrupt the users. 

Is there a simple command line I can use to redeploy just the shortcuts for a package for an application?  I know I can replace shortcuts within the Application Virtualization Client (sftcmc.msc), but a command line I could push out would be much handier.  I can also see me needing this for users who have deleted shortcuts.

Thanks

Rosy_55

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Re-run the advertisement. Either through Run Advertised Programs or whatever your organization prefers
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rosy_55 Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:59 PM

All replies

• SFTMIME REFRESH SERVER:server-name

Run the command in the user's context.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

Will this work in an environment using SCCM to deploy virtual apps?  I have tried it with the server-name set as the name of our SCCM server,  and it tells me that no server with that name was found.  Is this command maybe meant for people using an independant App-V server?

Thanks again

Rosy_55

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hello,

Re-run the advertisement. Either through Run Advertised Programs or whatever your organization prefers
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rosy_55 Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:59 PM
  • Will this work in an environment using SCCM to deploy virtual apps?  I have tried it with the server-name set as the name of our SCCM server,  and it tells me that no server with that name was found.  Is this command maybe meant for people using an independant App-V server?

Yes, SCCM is a different beast. The command will most likely only work when using the native App-V Management Server.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:37 PM