none
Windows 2012 AD CA and Cisco AnyConnect issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have randomly repeated issue according to password reset and certificate validation. Some times when user reset their password and want to login after that they got the following error:

Certificate is issued by AD CS, i checked it on user computer and is still valid. Does password reset affect any certificate relation?

Friday, December 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Answers

• Ok i will check. I was wondering if password reset can cause that certificate become invalid?

Hi,

Typically,NO.And I don't find any official document talking about this behavior.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by bllitz Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:55 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:26 AM

All replies

• Not enough detail here. The configurations for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client are many as seen in their documentation.

Verify that your setup of the client, VPN and web server are set up correctly and that the certificate requirements are met.

Password reset may very well depend on how your Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is setup.

Friday, December 30, 2016 2:33 PM
  • Ok i will check. I was wondering if password reset can cause that certificate become invalid?
    Friday, December 30, 2016 8:58 PM

Hi,

Typically,NO.And I don't find any official document talking about this behavior.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by bllitz Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:55 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi bllitz

We seem to have the same issue , we recently moved from machine based cert to user based cert ,

and very randomly but mostly triggered by password expire or reset we get the validation error in cisco anyconnect . Did you ever find what was the cause ?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:03 AM
  • The application needs to 'run as administrator'
    Right-click the application shortcut-> Properties->Compatibility->Privilege Level.
    Tick ->Run This Program As Administrator.
    It may be  needed to reboot the client pc before this worked. Thereafter you will not get error after password change.
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Not Sure how this will solve a Certificate Validation Error , also users are not with Admin rights so this wont do anything .
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 10:04 AM