none
Images - virtual - audit mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Windows 7 in a Vmware virtual envirement. Then started in audit mode at login scren with ctrl-shift-f3. Made configurations and installations, the virtual machine must restart in between. The question is when the system reboots in between the installation in audit mode and then reboots the login screen of the administrator is shown. Must i then again use ctrl-shift-f3 for audit mode or can i login as administrator and go on with the installations?

When i am done then i make a snapshot and sysprep the machine. When i want to edit the image the virtual machine is powered on and then i make the changes, but the question is must i go into audit mode again and again after sysprep of after changes or made?

freddie

Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:06 AM

All replies

• You can directly add apps in audit mode. Windows welcome settings are bypassed and you get into windows faster.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:51 AM
  • I know i can add programs etc in Audit mode by pressing ctrl-shift-f3 in the login screen but must i do that after every reboot of the virtual machine? and after a sysprep and restoring a snapshot again ctrl-sft-f3 to go in audit mode?

freddie

Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:33 PM
  • You goto audit mode --> Make changes --> Sysprep --> Capture the image.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:44 AM
  • Ok but:

i start the VM, go into audit mode, install software (the software asks to restart first before the installation can take place), restart the machine then the first time preperation is running and later the login screen appears. Must i then go into audit mode (ctrl-shift-f3) and install the software, or can i login and install the software.

That is the question must i go into audit mode again and again after reboots? Some software asks to restart first before installation can take place....

freddie

Friday, September 27, 2013 6:30 AM
  • audit mode --> install all software's -->restart once when all apps are installed --> reboot into normal mode --> Sysprep --> Capture the image.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:37 AM