How to disable functionalities that require Enterprise SAL RRS feed

• Question

• I will like to disable all functionalities that require Enterprise SAL for some of my users. Is there a way to do this in Skype for Business Server 2015?

Head, Network Security and Infrastructure

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:56 AM

Answers

• Thanks a lot Leon,

Like I said, I have already done this, I was just looking if there is a different way to do the same thing, say something that specifically says "Enterprise Features Disabled"

Thanks.

Hi ,

Did you deploy the monitor report?If so ,please check the System Usage Reports and Media Quality Diagnositic reports

Please run the following cmd to create new conference policy(disable the all the question).

Set-CsConferencingPolicy -Identity DisableAllfunction -AllowIPAudio $false -AllowIPVideo $false -AllowMultiView $false -AllowParticipantControl $false -AllowAnnotations $false

-AllowUserToScheduleMeetingsWithAppSharing $false -AllowAnonymousParticipantsInMeetings $false -AllowExternalUsersToSaveContent $false -AllowPolls $false -AllowSharedNotes $false

-AllowQandA $false -AllowOfficeContent $false -EnableDialInConferencing $false -EnableFileTransfer $false -EnableP2PFileTransfer $false -EnableP2PVideo $false -EnableMultiViewJoin $false

Grant the new the conference policy to the specific OU.

Get-CsUser -OU "ou=Finance,dc=contoso ,dc=com" | Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyName DisableAllfunction

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 29, 2018 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Olajide Akinwande,

Do you wanto disable all functionalities that require Enterprise SAL?

Enterprise SAL incluld Functionalities :

The features of the Standard SAL (All Instant Messaging functionality,All Presence functionality,All Group Chat functionality,All PC-to-PC computer audio and video functionality)

All Audio, Video, and Web Conferencing functionality

All Desktop Sharing functionality

If you want to disable above all the Functionalities,you just disable this SFB account.

If you just want to diable the All Audio, Video, and Web Conferencing functionality ,All Desktop Sharing functionality

You could create new conferencing policy like the following screenshot and apply this policy to user

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:08 AM
  • Thanks Leon, I understand the above, I was hoping I could do this with one flip of the switch, like run a command that disable all enterprise functionalities for a user. Thanks.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:43 PM
  • Hi ,

Did you deploy the monitor report?If so ,please check the System Usage Reports and Media Quality Diagnositic reports

Please run the following cmd to create new conference policy(disable the all the question).

Set-CsConferencingPolicy -Identity DisableAllfunction -AllowIPAudio $false -AllowIPVideo $false -AllowMultiView $false -AllowParticipantControl $false -AllowAnnotations $false

-AllowUserToScheduleMeetingsWithAppSharing $false -AllowAnonymousParticipantsInMeetings $false -AllowExternalUsersToSaveContent $false -AllowPolls $false -AllowSharedNotes $false

-AllowQandA $false -AllowOfficeContent $false -EnableDialInConferencing $false -EnableFileTransfer $false -EnableP2PFileTransfer $false -EnableP2PVideo $false -EnableMultiViewJoin $false

Get-CsUser -OU "ou=Finance,dc=contoso ,dc=com" | Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyName DisableAllfunction

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, June 29, 2018 10:20 AM
  • Thanks a lot Leon,

Like I said, I have already done this, I was just looking if there is a different way to do the same thing, say something that specifically says "Enterprise Features Disabled"

Thanks.

Hi ,

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, June 29, 2018 2:52 PM