none
Folder redirection corrupted after patch KB3159398 KB3163018 KB3149135

Question

• After last patch thusday, I found a lots of client where folder redirection policy has stopped working :

Last week I had problems with printer mapping and folder redirection, and In order to fix this problem I changed securyty on GPO delegation. That fixed problem whit printers, but I still have trouble with Folder Redirection:

- I've DESKTOP and DOCUMENTS folders redirected to a network Share - applied by  a security filter.

- I've fixed delegation GPO security

some clients stop Redirecting DOCUMENTS folder... others stopped redirecting DESKTOP , others are working fine!

In GPO result I see this error:

Folder Redirection failed due to the error listed below.

Cannot complete this function.

Friday, June 24, 2016 8:28 AM

Answers

• I find the issue:

Documents and Desktop folders where duplicated when the GPO was not applied.

Now, that the policy was fixed and reapplied, the system try to copy local folder back to the network folder, but  tthe storage quota block the copy in some case!

Now I have to detect client that'are having event ID 502 to correct manually the problem

• Marked as answer by zio.gio Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:18 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:18 PM

All replies

• > In GPO result I see this error:

Check the Group Policy eventlog. In addition: MS16-077 implemented some
    restrictions on SMB via NetBios across subnets - is the server located
    in the same subnet?

Friday, June 24, 2016 10:02 AM
  • Same Problem here.

Some Clients are working fine. Some Clients don´t accept the redirecting Documents.

Server and Clients is in the same subnet.

Any Ideas?

• Edited by Bru_IT Friday, June 24, 2016 10:17 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 10:17 AM
  • Having the same issue, any progress in your side?

Noor

Friday, June 24, 2016 3:17 PM
  • OK, it was a mater of time, run gpupdate /force again with another restart and things started to look better

Noor

Friday, June 24, 2016 3:34 PM
  • I've the proble also in the same subnet.

In the affected client it log event 502

Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "<var class="sbody-var">folder name</var>" to "\\<var class="sbody-var">DFS root</var>\<var class="sbody-var">user name</var>\<var class="sbody-var">folder name</var>".

Opzioni di reindirizzamento: 0x9001.
     Error: "".
     Error details: "This file is currently not available for use on this computer."
    ".

The problem may be like  this, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2610379    or https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2771101 but I'm on Windows 10

• Edited by zio.gio Monday, June 27, 2016 1:43 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

Below threads discussed the similar issue, for your reference:

Folder redirection failed due to the error listed below. Cannot complete this function

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/b2b55bad-2bac-4902-ac3c-e99b409fc613/folder-redirection-failed-due-to-the-error-listed-below-cannot-complete-this-function?forum=winserverGP

Folder Redirection - Some users have the folders created but no documents are replicated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/ce3667ed-e38d-4f28-98b1-eb61a4cb3a37/folder-redirection-some-users-have-the-folders-created-but-no-documents-are-replicated?forum=winserverGP

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:58 AM
  • I find the issue:

Documents and Desktop folders where duplicated when the GPO was not applied.

Now, that the policy was fixed and reapplied, the system try to copy local folder back to the network folder, but  tthe storage quota block the copy in some case!

Now I have to detect client that'are having event ID 502 to correct manually the problem

• Marked as answer by zio.gio Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:18 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that you have solved this issue by yourself. In addition, thanks for sharing your solution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 1, 2016 2:10 AM