IE11 Group Policy settings relating to external logons RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

We have implemented around 180 mainly Computer based security "hardening" setting via group policy to all Windows 7 machines running IE11. For the most part this has not affected the user's functionality. I have two isolated issues and I'm trying to work out which setting might be the culprit:

One - A user goes to the website http://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2015/index.html and enters their login details in the top right. IE just goes blank screen and nothing happens. When I exclude the group policy from her computer account, she can login fine. Which setting(s) might affect external website logins? (Many other external website logins are just fine).

Two - A user goes to http://auth.athensams.net and then the login screen. The login screen gives a warning "Cookies not enabled - please change your browsers security settings to enable cookies". When his computer is removed from the group policy, he does not get this message. You would think this would be an easy setting to find - trouble is, we have NOT disabled cookies as part of our security regime. So what other setting would make an authentication script think that cookies are disabled?

Thanks

David Z

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please send back the html file after running following commands:

GPRESULT /H GPReport.html

Also, for the second issue, please check if following setting was enabled to block 3rd part cookies:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 2, 2015 3:19 PM
  • I cannot check the setting you mention as the user's dont see the privacy tab.

I was more interested if anyone has experience with security group policy settings and what settings might affect external logins.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:38 PM