Outlook Error Code [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501] RRS feed

• Question

• There are a couple of users on our network getting this error.

Outlook Error Code [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501] when they use Outlook to send messages.  This is a recent occurrence.

I need to know what to fix.

Patricia Startz

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Patricia,

What's the version of your exchange ?

Base on my search, Exchange 2010 SP3 RU8 will cause this issue.

If you had installed exchange 2010 SP3 RU8, you should rollback this update.

The following has been posted onto the Exchange team site:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2014/12/09/exchange-releases-december-2014.aspx

Update 12/10/2014:

An issue has been identified in the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8. The update has been recalled and is no longer available on the download center pending a new RU8 release. Customers should not proceed with deployments of this update until the new RU8 version is made available. Customers who have already started deployment of RU8 should rollback this update. 

The issue impacts the ability of Outlook to connect to Exchange, thus we are taking the action to recall the RU8 to resolve this problem. We will deliver a revised RU8 package as soon as the issue can be isolated, corrected, and validated. We will publish further updates to this blog post regarding RU8. 

This issue only impacts the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU8 update, the other updates remain valid and customers can continue with deployment of these packages.

Best regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:00 AM

All replies

• Does the issue occur in OWA? more than likely it doesn't which would lead to an OAB issue most of the time. Try rebuilding your OAB on the exchange server. 

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Hi Patricia,

What's the version of your exchange ?

Base on my search, Exchange 2010 SP3 RU8 will cause this issue.

If you had installed exchange 2010 SP3 RU8, you should rollback this update.

The following has been posted onto the Exchange team site:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2014/12/09/exchange-releases-december-2014.aspx

Update 12/10/2014:

An issue has been identified in the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8. The update has been recalled and is no longer available on the download center pending a new RU8 release. Customers should not proceed with deployments of this update until the new RU8 version is made available. Customers who have already started deployment of RU8 should rollback this update. 

The issue impacts the ability of Outlook to connect to Exchange, thus we are taking the action to recall the RU8 to resolve this problem. We will deliver a revised RU8 package as soon as the issue can be isolated, corrected, and validated. We will publish further updates to this blog post regarding RU8. 

This issue only impacts the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU8 update, the other updates remain valid and customers can continue with deployment of these packages.

Best regards,

Niko Cheng

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:00 AM
  • Hi Patricia,

Any update?

Best regards,

Niko Cheng

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 9:22 AM
  • I am experiencing the same problem as Patricia. Mine is a new laptop with Win10 and Office 365 installed.  So how do I fix it? My desktop Win 7 started crashing now.  Been working great until recently - same time as I began experiencing problems with Win 10.  This is really frustrating. 
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:34 AM