none
Project Server 2010 - Import Project Wizard - Local Resource Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• Using Project Server 2010 SP2 with admin rights when I encountered the following error:

Steps:

1. Upon importing a local mpp file with Import Projects Wizard
    2. Mapped Resources.  Some were mapped to enterprise resources and others were left as local.
    3. Following completion of import process (mapped task fields, and save), the resources that were marked as "keep as local" were imported to the server as enterprise resources.

I have never encountered this issue with previous versions of project server and am wondering if anyone else has run into the same issue and if there is a patch?  The error is consistently repeatable and I will check utilizing the account of someone without admin rights to see if it happens there as well. 

It appears that in proceeding to validation step, the import field is automatically defaulted to Yes when proceeding to step 2.  If the user doesn't manually flag this back to No, then the resource is imported to project server.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

I just ran a quick test and I couldn't reproduce your issue with PS2010 SP2. My local resources have been kept as local resources after the import process whereas the resources with a similar name than enterprise resources have been mapped with enterprise resources.

Not sure which CU I have but I'd suggest you to upgrade to the latest CU.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, December 15, 2014 6:33 PM