none
In IE10 or higher can you force a homepage and also allow users to additional tabs RRS feed

• Question

• I'm setting up GPO via server 2012 and I need to set the home page tab to our intranet site, and I need users to always have this home page tab set, but I would like to allow "personal tabs" to also be set.

My setup for the GPO, In the user config>preferences>control panel settings>internet settings>new IE10> general tab> startup I have selected Start with home page.

When I test, I can add additional tabs via the client, however after the second reboot they are gone.

Can this be done?

Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the homepage settings is configured in domain group policy, then on every time it reboot the policy settings will reapply once, so the settings made on client is expected not to save.

Through IEAK 10 we could customize the homepage and after deployment the client side could change/add homepages, and this way won't keep one homepage always set.

However we may take a try with a startup/logon scripts to examine the subkey of the IE homepage, if deleted then add it back, if it stays there then exit.

I am not good at writing scripts, we might seek help in the official script guys forum to see if this could be achieved.

The official script guys forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ITCG

Hope this may help

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Davidatek Friday, April 4, 2014 6:03 PM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 4:38 AM