SSHD stops accepting connections after a while using CentOS with Linux IC 3.1 on Hyper V 2008 R2 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• very odd issue. Deployed a standard LAMP stack using Centos 6 with linux integration components 3.1. Everything installs perfectly. Performance is fantastic. Can connect to it via ssh all day. Then after a certain amount of time (it's different every time) the sshd process no longer accepts connections from my ssh client (putty etc.) The sshd process is still running and strangely enough is accessible (I can telnet to the vm on port 22 and the server responds with openssh 5.3) but I can't connect to it with any ssh client - get a connection timeout error. Restarting sshd service doesn't make a difference, I have to reboot the server. Once I reboot, ssh works fine again, for a while. Its definitely not a firewall issue as I have disabled that all together. Anyone else experience this at all?
    Friday, November 18, 2011 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike, sorry for the delay in response. It was an internal issue on our end and nothing to do with Hyper V/Centos or LIC 3.1
    Everything is now working exactly the way it is supposed to.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:15 PM

All replies

• try disabling selinux ...
    Friday, November 18, 2011 5:12 PM
  • try disabling selinux ...

yeah, I should have mentioned that I did that as well. It's just really odd how I can connect no problem for a while but then all of a sudden can no longer connect even though the service is still running. Everyone else who is using CentOS 6 with LIC 3.1 in a Hyper V VM isn't experiencing this?
    Friday, November 18, 2011 6:57 PM
  • This is the first I've heard of it. Do you have other VM's connected to the same virtual switch, and if so, are they still responsive?

As other protocols are working, it's very unlikely to be an issue in our drivers.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:02 AM
  • Hi Mike, sorry for the delay in response. It was an internal issue on our end and nothing to do with Hyper V/Centos or LIC 3.1
    Everything is now working exactly the way it is supposed to.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Hi Kevin.

Were you able to solve the problem?

thanks

Empezando ;)

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:40 PM