none
Why don't you show user functions, created via Make Function in PQ, in #shared? RRS feed

• Question

• You show them in #sections[Section1].

You show in #shared functions, created "directly", but not the subj. 

Please could you say what is the logic behind showing them only in #sections[Section1] and not in shared, while you show in #shared all the other stuff we make ?

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Ehren!

I try the case again, and do not see the behavior I described in the post. So possibly it was my mistake, or the situation was specific to the particular project file and I cannot repro it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrey,

it is not clear to me what you mean here:

If I create a custom function and then use #shared in the query editor, my custom function will be shown in the record created there.

What are you missing where exactly?

Imke Feldmann - MVP Data Platform (PowerBI) - http://www.TheBIccountant.com 

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful - Thanks!

Sunday, July 7, 2019 4:51 AM
  • I don’t see the created function in #shared, If I: 1. Create non-function Query 2. Create function from that Query, using appropriare menu “create function” in PQ UI.
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:24 AM
  • Hi Andrey. That's strange. I just tried doing exactly what you describe, and the function generated via the "Create Function" command shows up in #shared for me (in both Excel and PBIDesktop).

What version of PQ are you running?

Ehren

Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:05 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Andrey,

could you please follow up here?

Imke Feldmann - MVP Data Platform (PowerBI) - http://www.TheBIccountant.com 

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful - Thanks!

Sunday, August 4, 2019 7:54 PM
  • Hi Ehren!

I try the case again, and do not see the behavior I described in the post. So possibly it was my mistake, or the situation was specific to the particular project file and I cannot repro it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:34 PM