WebPart Deployment failed in Windows sharepoint services RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have created a WebPart project and then a corresponding cab file. While deploying through STSADM command I am getting the error "The specified file was not found" while looking at the trace logs I am finding this

The Web Part deployment failed. Callstack:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.StsAdmin.SPAddWPPack.Run(StringDictionary keyValues)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.StsAdmin.SPStsAdmin.RunOperation(SPGlobalAdmin globalAdmin, String strOperation, StringDictionary keyValues, SPParamCollection pars) 

Any help will be much appreciated.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 7:59 AM

Answers

• Guys , I managed to do this. Actually there was a problem with Cab file itself.
    • Marked as answer by Rashu,Rahul Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:33 PM

All replies

• could please paste the command you using to deploy the web part in sharepoint, i mean stsadm command.

thanks

-ws

SharePoint administrator, MCTS,MCITP
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 8:21 AM
  • try using stsadm -o addsolution -filename "url of your WSP file"  to add your webpart.

Or if you are not using a wsp file you can read this article and hope you'll find the solution :

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/tips-tricks/how-to-deploy-sharepoint-webparts-000618.php

Best regards, Mahmoud Challouf
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 12:02 PM
  • Guys , I managed to do this. Actually there was a problem with Cab file itself.
    • Marked as answer by Rashu,Rahul Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:33 PM