none
Issues with printing text boxes in MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am having difficulty printing text boxes correctly with MS Project.  Basically I am using text boxes to display text underneath the task bars in each row (row height of 2 with task bars on the top half and text on the bottom half).  I draw the text boxes using the drawing tool and move them where I want on the screen so that they line up with their appropriate task bars.  However, when I go to print, they all shift down and don't line up with the task bars correctly.  I saw a similar problem that someone was having and they were told to change the page setup setting to adjust to a % rather than fit to certain number of pages.  I have done this and I still have the same problem.  It looks fine on my screen until I go to the print preview.  Please help! Thanks
    Monday, February 18, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• My text boxes aren't matching how they are displayed in my Gantt Chart view when I switch to the print preview.

Any input would really be appreciated! Thank you!

• Edited by Ryan641 Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:54 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Hi,

Do you see this issue with all project plans. What it you create a new project plan with couple of tasks and text boxes and check the behavior.

Also try below steps.

1) Right click on Text Box

2) Select Properties

3) Select Attach to Task and Enter the Task ID

4) Click on OK

5) Then Drag and Position the the Text Box at specific location to align it to task bars as you need

6) Check the Print Preview

Thanks,

Kiran K.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:19 PM