Win7 Blurry vision RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all.

Before I continue, I did an on-forum search, to no avail.

Hence this post.

I run: HARDWARE:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-DS3 ACPI-x64

CPU: Intel E6750 4mb L2 Memory Cache

Memory: Corsair 3gb Ram

Video: NVidia GeForce 8500GT 512 MB

Sound: On-board Realtek High Definition Audio

Monitor: Gericom DX-997n at 1600x1200x32 @ 72 Hz

3 tb on drives

SOFTWARE:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

NVidia 260.99 driver x64

Realtek Audio Driver R255

no monitor software

My problem:

Since a while, I get a blurry, unclear monitor screen.

To be sure, I tried different monitors of a same type, to no avail: blur stays.

Tried MY monitor on 2 other computers with windows XP: crystal clear picture.

Been screwing around in the Clear-Type settings, tried other "recommended" things like 'put in manually a non-existing screen resolution (I took a few different resolutions to be sure), then revert back', ..., all, OF COURSE, to no avail.

The blur gives me a major headache, not to mention that I get quite frustrated since I can hardly read anything, thus I cannot do my job as per required.

Each day I take high doses of painkillers, just to bite away the pain.

This is, to be honest, entirely not joyful...

Please help?

Ben

Friday, January 21, 2011 8:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your test, it indicates that the monitor can work properly with Windows XP. For Windows 7 and Windows XP are different operating systems, we cannot draw a conclusion that the monitor is compatible with Windows 7.

And I check Windows 7 hardware compatibility center, I cannot find any information about Gericom DX-997n.

Regarding classic view, you could refer to the following article:

Change Windows to Classic view

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:52 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you test with different graphichs card or can you put that same card to another pc? If another card works, then your card could be broken. But if your card works on other pc, then maybe there are bugs in graphics drivers. Also check bios settings if there are some video related settings that may be wrong, or maybe you need bios upgrade. Anyway those symptomps makes me believe that this could be hardware problem.

Regards, Niko

Friday, January 21, 2011 12:14 PM
  • Card works flawlessly on the XP-machine, ditto for monitor.

When plugging the card back into my win7 comp, the pic is blurry once more.

BIOS is set to Default Operation (before it was boosted up entirely), no result, went back to boosted BIOS operation, ditto result.

Funny thing: Vid was ok during install (three times now) but went blurry during the update (in all three times).

I NEED my Win7 machine to run Cad-Cam (which runs poorly on my XP machine (P4)).

Thank you, my good friend.

Friday, January 21, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suspect this is a hardware compatibility issue.

Can you set the windows theme to Windows Classic to check the result?

Meanwhile, I would like to suggest you try another brand monitor for test. If other monitors can work properly, it is recommended to change another monitor to use.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 10:17 AM
  • When I go into Safe Mode, the picture is clear, same for boot-up and BIOS.

With games the picture is clear as well, just in Windows (and sub windows based programs like Corel, Photo Paint, MSOffice, Cad-Cam,...) the blurry vision begins again.

As told before, I tested my monitor on a diff. PC, with clear result.

I tested my Vidcard at a neigboor who runs WinXP x64, great result, I did all that.

Back at home, the problem starts again.

It is, imho, clearly a probem with some update, but I cannot figure out which one.

Thank you for the reply.

EDIT: Classic? is that the same as Basic? If not, where do I do this?

Thank you.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

According to your test, it indicates that the monitor can work properly with Windows XP. For Windows 7 and Windows XP are different operating systems, we cannot draw a conclusion that the monitor is compatible with Windows 7.

And I check Windows 7 hardware compatibility center, I cannot find any information about Gericom DX-997n.

Regarding classic view, you could refer to the following article:

Change Windows to Classic view

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:52 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:01 AM