Skype 2019 + Cloud Voicemail = Suddenly mp3 RRS feed

• Question

• We are mid deployment moving to exchagne / skype 2019 and have configured cloud voicemail / exchange UM.

Last week voicemails were working beautifully, however they are now being received as emails with MP3 attachments, so the playback and caller ID functionality is now missing.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How many users have this scenario?

It sounds like the Outlook Exchange UM add-in is disabled. Please go to "File" – "Options" – "Add-ins" in Outlook client, check the Add-in called “Microsoft Exchange Add-in” which is related to "UmOutlookAddin.dll".

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:12 AM
  • I can confirm the addin is working as some messages display properly.

Several users have the experience, however i found today that it's not consistent, Some emails have been handled as expected, and others not.

Additionally, i've confirmed that it isn't specific to users homed on exchange 2019; as we have bounced mailboxes back and forth for testing.

I'm guessing that there are some message handling rules that are interfering with outlook identifying the message.  But I'm not sure how that process works internally.

• Edited by Tripod-Al Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:46 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean on the same client, some voice mail work while some show as attachment?

Are the affected voice mails from same account?

Please have a try to recreate the voice mail search folder, refer to this case:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2fab0ef-4d91-456e-8c55-7a89c60de23f/voice-mail-email-is-getting-into-custumer-inbox-as-normal-email-with-an-mp3-attachment-in-both?forum=exchangesvrunifiedmessaging 

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:47 AM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:59 AM