Bing Desktop crashes or stops working after changing the daily wallpaper RRS feed

• Question

• I found that Bing Desktop will crash or stop working after changing the daily wallpaper.

Bing Desktop will work fine after restarting, as long as it doesn't need to change the wallpaper.

Bing Desktop will also work fine if it doesn't need to change the wallpaper (either disabling the wallpaper change feature or it is not the time to change to a new wallpaper yet).

The problem started from Bing Desktop 1.2. I uninstalled 1.2 and installed a newer version of 1.3.167. The problem still persists with the same failure mode. I tried searching the web for a solution, I found a few reports of similar problem, but there was never a direct working solution reported so far.

My computer configuration - Bing Desktop 1.3.167.0 on Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:16 AM

Answers

• I found that Bing Desktop will crash or stop working after changing the daily wallpaper.

Bing Desktop will work fine after restarting, as long as it doesn't need to change the wallpaper.

Bing Desktop will also work fine if it doesn't need to change the wallpaper (either disabling the wallpaper change feature or it is not the time to change to a new wallpaper yet).

The problem started from Bing Desktop 1.2. I uninstalled 1.2 and installed a newer version of 1.3.167. The problem still persists with the same failure mode. I tried searching the web for a solution, I found a few reports of similar problem, but there was never a direct working solution reported so far.

I am pleased to update that Bing Desktop 1.3.171.0 doesn't see this issue anymore, at least for a few days up till now. I don't see the same error that Bing Desktop crashes and stops working after changing the daily wallpaper.
    • Marked as answer by Lawrence Teo Friday, July 5, 2013 7:48 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• Run Windows Update and install all updates.

When Windows collect information about error and ask you to send , please do so.

Check Action Center in Control Panel and see if there any message for update there.

Visit your PC manufacturer's website and install latest graphic card driver.

Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Run Windows Update and install all updates.

When Windows collect information about error and ask you to send , please do so.

Check Action Center in Control Panel and see if there any message for update there.

Visit your PC manufacturer's website and install latest graphic card driver.

Did all the steps, and does not solve my problem.

Any other help? I am almost going to uninstall Bing Desktop.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:57 PM

I am pleased to update that Bing Desktop 1.3.171.0 doesn't see this issue anymore, at least for a few days up till now. I don't see the same error that Bing Desktop crashes and stops working after changing the daily wallpaper.
    • Marked as answer by Lawrence Teo Friday, July 5, 2013 7:48 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 7:48 PM