none
Project Server 2010: How may I inactivate a value in a custom field lookup table? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to inactivate (not delete) a value in a custom task-level field lookup table so that the value may no longer be selected from the drop-down selection box AND so that the value remains in past task-level records in the RDB and the published data base.

Is there a check-box associated with each value added to a lookup table so that the box may, perhaps, be unchecked to inactivate a value but keep it in the lookup table?  This would also mean it would not appear in the drop-down selection box for the lookup table, thus keeping the set of available values in a drop-down list to a reasonably-sized list.  This particular lookup table contains technology values for our company, so the values are a bit volatile.  Some values that are valid today won't be valid in five years but we want the history. 

May a lookup table contain both active and inactive values?  I've not found any verbiage describing this functionality in a lookup table.

Please advise-thanks!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:44 PM

All replies

• Zenyatta12and13 --

There is no way to disable a value in an enterprise Lookup Table.  However, what you can do is to add the words DO NO USE to the right of the value you want to disable, and then tell people that these words mean that they should no longer use this value for their projects.  Hope this helps.

<p>Dale A. Howard [MVP<span>]</span><br/> </p>

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:31 PM