Word 2010 Merge Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SQL database called Report Builder 2.0 that merges with Word and Excel. It populated data that has been input to the database to bookmarks in Word and Excel 2010. I have not had a problem with merging till I got a new computer with Microsoft Office 2010. When I merge in this database now I get pop up's that say "Word cannot open the existing file. (Normal)", errors in the database, and most of the time no data in the Word document. Excel is working fine now, but I did have to change all my buttons to form buttons instead of ActiveX because they would no longer run my macro's. Another thing that is happening is I am getting multiple "Winword" in the task manager. I already went and deleted the normal global template and it worked until the 2nd merge. I have looked everywhere for a fix to this and haven't been able to find anything. This is the error I get in Report Builder 2.0, "Error while merging field with keyword "" : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)) Merge completed!"

My computer is connected to a server that has Windows Server 2003, if that helps any.

Thank you!

Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if the solution in this thread will work for you, the same error message as yours.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/7c08095d-7b84-42b2-968e-1de00025ea68

Quote:

Open the component service -> DCOM config -> Microsoft Office Word -> Properties -> security

We need to add the “Everyone” user to the three type of permissions that appear.

In Identity tab -> select this user -> add the administrator account

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, July 25, 2011 5:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if the solution in this thread will work for you, the same error message as yours.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/7c08095d-7b84-42b2-968e-1de00025ea68

Quote:

Open the component service -> DCOM config -> Microsoft Office Word -> Properties -> security

We need to add the “Everyone” user to the three type of permissions that appear.

In Identity tab -> select this user -> add the administrator account

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, July 25, 2011 5:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:51 AM
  • As there has been no update for a couple of days, I will temporary mark the reply as answer to closed this thread.
    And if you come back to find it doesn't solve your problem, please feel free to reply to us and unmark the answer.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:39 AM