Vista: after sleep, mouse and keyboard take over a minute to work RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since I got my new Vista machine (3 or so months ago), the mouse and keyboard freeze for over a minute after the machine goes to sleep.  It doesn't do it when I restart or Power Off -- only after Sleep.  I called HP and they tried doing something in the Device Manager -- I think they also reinstalled the drivers but nothing working.  The Keyboard is a Microsoft ergonomic one and the mouse is a Logitech Optical Mouse.

An IT friend also had me do this: ounds like the settings in the power management. Try this. Go to Control Panel - Device Manager - Keyboard - double click on your keyboard - Power Management make sure Allow the computer to turn off this device is not checked (it may be grayed out) and Allow this device to wake the computer should be checked. Do the same for Mouse. but they're both set to "Allow this device to wake up computer".

With the HP support person, she had me change my mouse to a new USB port and it seemed to work better, but no the keyboard.

I have Vista Home -- 64 bit, SP2, AMD II x4 910 Processor 2.6 GHz, 8 G Ram.

I've also looked at a ton of support.microsoft.com things, but nothing helped or applied.
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:23 PM