Need Excel Help RRS feed

• Question

• I am making a spreadsheet using Office 2007 Excel. It is a form used when a person orders a part or parts. It has several different sections and what I want to do is have a checkbox if a person wants the part and then add the amount in dollars as we go through the list and have a grand total at the bottom. Right now I have the formula set up to add the column up but I have to manually put the price in and it will add it at the bottom. Is this possible using check boxes and how do I set it up? Thanks
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:33 PM

All replies

• It can be done but you'll need VBA code behind the checkbox, you either have a fair amount of learning to do or should hire a VBA developer.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:17 PM
  • It would be simpler for them to choose a quantity from a dropdown. All you need for this is a range located somewhere else (eg on a hidden worksheet), to supply the dropdown with the values it should use (say 0-1 or 0-10, starting with 0 on row 1). The dropdown's output value will be the row#, so deduct 1 from that and you have the order quantity. If you hide the dropdown's output value behind the dropdown, your order pricing formula can do the calculation without anyone ever seeing what's going on the in background. Simple, effective and no code required.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:32 AM