Calendars - Links to documents open the Root Folder, but I want to just open the document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I connected my calendar in MOSS 2007 to my document library, so we can schedule meetings and have the agenda for the meetings with each event.

Current behavior opens up the documents Root Folder instead of the document.  Anyone know how to link directly to the document and bypass the Root Folder display

My calendar automatically links to:
    /Documents/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=16&RootFolder=*

when I want it to link to
    /Documents/AY12FacultyArea.pdf

Thanks!

Mark Bourne
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:08 AM not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, August 26, 2011 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Mark,

Could you please let us know -
    1) How exactly do you have calendar “connected” to document library and what process did you use to accomplish this? 
    2) Do you use Outlook at all when creating these meetings or it is all done in the SharePoint calendar?
    3) How do you create the “link” to the document in the calendar item?
    4) Is this behavior occur for only .PDF documents like or all documents? Could you try with a word or notepad document and see if the behavior is the same?

Also, why not use Meeting Workspace for this purpose? A Meeting Workspace site is a Web site for centralizing all the information and materials for one or more meetings

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:51 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:58 PM