Remote Desktop Services Slow Response RRS feed

• Question

• When I navigate to Servers under Remote Desktop Services in server manager it takes a long time to populate. It states it is connecting to the connection broker.  When I am in the Collections RemoteApps, I can add new remoteapp programs but it takes a very long time to save a new app. When I use the Get-RDRemoteApp command in PowerShell with eleveate privileges, it takes a very long time to respond and just hangs there. I am not seeing any errors in the system logs. 

Has anyone had this issue before or any insight on what could be the issue?

Platform: Server 2012 r2

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Amy. Thank you for your time. I ensured all patches were applied. 

It seems a user profile was causing the issue with slowness. As soon as I resolved that it resolved the slow responses. 

• Proposed as answer by Singh, Pankaj Friday, January 8, 2016 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, January 11, 2016 2:53 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, I suggest you verify that RDS servers are pointing to internal DNS servers as only ones, which are Domain Controllers normally.

Secondly, please use Performance Monitor to check whether system resources are insufficient.

In addition, ensure Windows systems are fully patched.

More information for you:

Windows Performance Monitor

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749249.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, December 18, 2015 8:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, January 8, 2016 3:33 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, I suggest you verify that RDS servers are pointing to internal DNS servers as only ones, which are Domain Controllers normally.

Secondly, please use Performance Monitor to check whether system resources are insufficient.

In addition, ensure Windows systems are fully patched.

More information for you:

Windows Performance Monitor

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749249.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, December 18, 2015 8:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, January 8, 2016 3:33 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 8:48 AM
  • Hi Amy. Thank you for your time. I ensured all patches were applied. 

It seems a user profile was causing the issue with slowness. As soon as I resolved that it resolved the slow responses. 

• Proposed as answer by Singh, Pankaj Friday, January 8, 2016 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, January 11, 2016 2:53 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 1:10 PM
  • Hi LluvianBlack,

I also have the same Issue , however the thing  is it depend on how big infrastructure you have.

i am having a infrastructure of 40- 50  RDS server in a single farm.

If you have small farm of 10 -20 and if it is also taking time to populate then its a problem of  rds communication problem.

1.  RDS visualization host service or session host  which is not properly communication with connection broker. restart the service and get it synced with Database.

2. you can check firewall and the administrative access of connection broker server on RDS session host and virtulization host server.

Update pathes of RDS server with hotfix.

Regards, Pankaj Singh Virtulization Engineer

Friday, January 8, 2016 1:49 PM