Issue after installing Vista Home basic Service pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi.

I am using HP Pavillion notebook with Windows Vista Home basic. Yesterday I downloaded and installed vista SP pack 1, but after installing my PC is showing the "No Audio Device is Installed" with Sound icon in the lower right corner showing the Red Cross. Can some body help me. I need to get this right as I have the important business meeting scheduled today.

Thanks in advance/
    Abhejit Kale

Monday, September 22, 2008 5:19 PM

Answers

• Please visit http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

for instuctions on how to dowload and install the latest Windows Vista audio driver

designed for your specific HP Pavillion notebook model number.

Monday, September 22, 2008 6:08 PM
  • Hi Fahrul,

Generally, SP1 installation will upgrade your drivers. If there is any issue when upgrading, the driver may be corrupt. I suggest that you reinstall the audio driver. Please download the latest driver from the following website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3413016

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

After installing, if the audio still does not work, please follow the steps below to remove the existed driver first.

1. Click Start, click Run, type in "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand the "Sound, video and Game controllers" branch.

3. Right click the entry of the audio device and click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

5. Find and remove all the Realtek related entries.

6. Restart the computer.

Then try to install the latest driver again.

Hope it helps

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:05 AM

All replies

• Please visit http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

for instuctions on how to dowload and install the latest Windows Vista audio driver

designed for your specific HP Pavillion notebook model number.

Monday, September 22, 2008 6:08 PM
  • Dear all,

Please help also to resolve the same case,my pc is showing " no audio Device is installed" after installing Vista SP 1, ( what's up with Vista..? ) I am using COMPAC presario C500 'notebook' I need to get this right as I have some task by online.

Best Regards,

Fahrul Frederik

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:14 AM
  • Hi Fahrul,

Generally, SP1 installation will upgrade your drivers. If there is any issue when upgrading, the driver may be corrupt. I suggest that you reinstall the audio driver. Please download the latest driver from the following website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3413016

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

After installing, if the audio still does not work, please follow the steps below to remove the existed driver first.

1. Click Start, click Run, type in "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand the "Sound, video and Game controllers" branch.

3. Right click the entry of the audio device and click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

5. Find and remove all the Realtek related entries.

6. Restart the computer.

Then try to install the latest driver again.

Hope it helps

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:05 AM