none
ınstallization of sbs 2011 standard version RRS feed

• Question

• ı had downloaded a win.sbs 2011.ı need to ınstall to my server,but ı had some troubleshoots about that.

set up file is nearly 6-7 GB and ı can only ınstall by a usb storage.how can ı resolve that problem ,do ı need ı bootable program for usb or has windows a program like it?

thanks.

Friday, December 16, 2011 8:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that you would like to install the Small Business Server 2011 Standard version only via the USB storage.

Based on my research, I noticed an article about “How to install SBS 2011 with a bootable USB device”. It’s just for your reference:

Title: How To Install SBS 2011 With A Bootable USB Drive

URL: http://www.nogeekleftbehind.com/2010/12/22/how-to-install-sbs-2011-with-a-bootable-usb-drive/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by ronnypot Monday, December 19, 2011 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by James XiongModerator Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:28 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that you would like to install the Small Business Server 2011 Standard version only via the USB storage.

Based on my research, I noticed an article about “How to install SBS 2011 with a bootable USB device”. It’s just for your reference:

Title: How To Install SBS 2011 With A Bootable USB Drive

URL: http://www.nogeekleftbehind.com/2010/12/22/how-to-install-sbs-2011-with-a-bootable-usb-drive/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

• Proposed as answer by ronnypot Monday, December 19, 2011 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by James XiongModerator Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:28 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

James Xiong

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:27 PM