Whitelist RDS Hosts RRS feed

• Question

• We have a sizable XenApp farm - 40+ servers. ATA is currently notifying me of abnormal behaviour when users are logging in to their published XenApp desktops (i.e. when they hit a different server). Is there a way to whitelist or otherwise let ATA know these are XenApp/RDS hosts and to expect users will have logons to these servers?
    Monday, June 20, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hello Dean,

We are having exactly the same issues with our RDS servers. After the ATA learning period we added several new servers to our RDS farm and now ATA is reporting abnormal behaviour on these servers. I was thinking about resetting the MongoDB but this doesn't resolve the issue.

The way ATA behaves at the moment isn't very helpful in our environment.

Regards,

Vern

Monday, July 11, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Any response yet from Microsoft on this issue ? We have several customer with the exact scenario and looking for proper response?

Regards,

Thys

Thys Janse van Rensburg tewis_j@hotmail.com

Monday, July 18, 2016 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

After installing update 1 for ATA 1.6 this problem seems to be resolved. Now I'm looking to reinitialize the database to clear all these false positive messages. I read somewhere that reinstalling the control center is the only way to achieve this.

Maybe there is another wat to do this?

Regards,

Vern

Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Re-initializing the database probably creates an opportunity for ATA to learn of the new RDS hosts, but it doesn't exactly solve the issue going forward. Some of the new Citrix architectures rely on frequent deployment of fresh OS instances for servers so there is the potential for a lot of noise here.

The product would still be much better if we could exempt certain hosts (not users) from this detection (preferably via an AD group or name pattern).

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:50 PM
  • That is exactly what we need - to exclude hosts (via group or OU structure).

Before the latest ATA upgrade we got a few false positives a week (from our WTS Farms, load-balanced Exchange or VDI-Pools), actually we have up to 10 per day.

• Edited by BKE1 Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:58 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:58 AM
  • +1 to this issue, since the v.1.9 upgrade.
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:25 PM